Mani Ratnam admitted to hospital
- Quota row: Curfew imposed in Gujarat's Mehsana district
- Indrani Mukherjea, former Star TV CEO Peter Mukherjea's wife, arrested on murder charge
- India's population 121.09 crore; Hindus 79.8 pc, Muslims 14.2 pc: Census
- Kejriwal meets PM Modi, talks about better Centre-State relation
- BJP registers comfortable win in Bengaluru civic polls, setback for Congress
Noted film director Mani Ratnam was hospitalised here following breathing difficulty and dizziness.
He was admitted to the hospital here last night after he complained of "breathing difficulty" and discomfort in the chest and specialists, including cardiologists, were attending on him, hospital and family sources said.
The condition of Ratnam, who is under observation, is now stable and he would remain in the hospital for "some time", sources said.
The 52-year-old director, who introduced Oscar winning musician A R Rahman in "Roja", had survived a heart attack in 2004 when he was filming the multi-starrer, bi-lingual 'Yuva'.
Ratnam is currently involved in a project starring national award winner Vikram, Abhishek Bacchhan and Aishwarya Rai, among others, tentatively titled "Ravan."