Mani Ratnam admitted to hospital
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
Noted film director Mani Ratnam was hospitalised here following breathing difficulty and dizziness.
He was admitted to the hospital here last night after he complained of "breathing difficulty" and discomfort in the chest and specialists, including cardiologists, were attending on him, hospital and family sources said.
The condition of Ratnam, who is under observation, is now stable and he would remain in the hospital for "some time", sources said.
The 52-year-old director, who introduced Oscar winning musician A R Rahman in "Roja", had survived a heart attack in 2004 when he was filming the multi-starrer, bi-lingual 'Yuva'.
Ratnam is currently involved in a project starring national award winner Vikram, Abhishek Bacchhan and Aishwarya Rai, among others, tentatively titled "Ravan."