Mani Ratnamís son a hit at party meet
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
The most sought after face at the 19th All India Congress of CPI(M) here is that of Nandan Mani Ratnam, the 16-year-old son of noted filmmaker Mani Ratnam and actor Suhasini.
In fact, Nandan is also the proud author of a new pamphlet on Leninism, which is on sale at the venue, along with other leading Left literature. The 27-paged pamphlet titled Contours of Leninism has articles under five different headings ó Theory, Marxism, Democratic dictatorship, Materialism and Vanguard.
On his inclination to Marxism, he told the media that he was impressed because it was the "most cogent, comprehensive and highly developed complex of theory and practice".
The thought of how his parents felt about his leanings towards Marxism has apparently not crossed his mind yet, Nandan said. The Class XI student said that it was his reading habit that introduced him to the world of Marxism.