Manish Arora's Wills India Fashion week grand finale gets standing ovation
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Amid loud cheers, live international band performances and models' impromptu gigs on the ramp, ace fashion designer Manish Arora brought the curtains down on the 21st edition of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) Autumn/ winter 2013.
Returning to the WIFW stage after a gap of four years, Arora introduced futuristic designs with Bollywood celebs like Sonam Kapoor, Neha Dhupia and Imam Siddiqui in attendance in the front row.
"My collection is inspired by US's Burning Man festival. I am excited to be showcasing at WIFW almost after four years. My collection has a striking amalgamation of futuristic designs. I am happy that people liked me collection," said the designer.
Sonam, who wore a black and neon saree from Arora's collection, said, "It is always an honour to be a part of Manish's show. I chose not to walk the ramp for him because I didn't get time to prepare for it. I arrived at this venue just half an hour prior to the finale. I like this saree a lot and so I chose this from a wide range of dresses."
The collection had a huge colour palette recreating the day landscape starting from cloudy blue sky with layers of black, white and warm colours. Whereas the evening clouds were shown by neon geometrical motifs. It also saw usage of lot of fur and especial leather turbans.