Manish Malhotra exhibits festive, pre-bridal collection at Lakme Fashion Week
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Designer Manish Malhotra presented a vibrant festive and pre-bridal collection here on the eve of the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2013 season.
Showcased last night, the collection, called 'Reflections' displayed a gorgeous synergy of Indian traditions, cultures, rituals and colour spectrum for the fusion line.
The hues of Rajasthan and Kutch came alive on the ramp as
models swirled around wearing creations in rainbow tones of
deep green, dark beige, tan, burgundy, pink, red, navy and
mustard with mirror work.
Manish showcased the stylish 'ghagra-pant' - a fusion of the Sharara and classic pant - which is touted to give some alternatives to the traditional 'lehengas'.
Another interesting innovation was the Koti (bolero) top reinvented from the Rajasthan Koti, which can be teamed with
saris or ghagras.
The men's wear exuded elegance with kurtas teamed with wide salwars, dhotis or dhoti pants, sherwanis with narrow
trousers, while bundies in varied colour contrasts over kurtas
were masculine in style and finish.
Celebrities like Karan Johar, Lara Dutta, Karisma Kapoor,
Ayushmann Khurrana and others attended the show.