Manish Malhotra exhibits festive, pre-bridal collection at Lakme Fashion Week
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Designer Manish Malhotra presented a vibrant festive and pre-bridal collection here on the eve of the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2013 season.
Showcased last night, the collection, called 'Reflections' displayed a gorgeous synergy of Indian traditions, cultures, rituals and colour spectrum for the fusion line.
The hues of Rajasthan and Kutch came alive on the ramp as
models swirled around wearing creations in rainbow tones of
deep green, dark beige, tan, burgundy, pink, red, navy and
mustard with mirror work.
Manish showcased the stylish 'ghagra-pant' - a fusion of the Sharara and classic pant - which is touted to give some alternatives to the traditional 'lehengas'.
Another interesting innovation was the Koti (bolero) top reinvented from the Rajasthan Koti, which can be teamed with
saris or ghagras.
The men's wear exuded elegance with kurtas teamed with wide salwars, dhotis or dhoti pants, sherwanis with narrow
trousers, while bundies in varied colour contrasts over kurtas
were masculine in style and finish.
Celebrities like Karan Johar, Lara Dutta, Karisma Kapoor,
Ayushmann Khurrana and others attended the show.