Manish Malhotra exhibits festive, pre-bridal collection at Lakme Fashion Week
- Malaysian airlines might have disintegrated mid-air
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
Designer Manish Malhotra presented a vibrant festive and pre-bridal collection here on the eve of the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2013 season.
Showcased last night, the collection, called 'Reflections' displayed a gorgeous synergy of Indian traditions, cultures, rituals and colour spectrum for the fusion line.
The hues of Rajasthan and Kutch came alive on the ramp as
models swirled around wearing creations in rainbow tones of
deep green, dark beige, tan, burgundy, pink, red, navy and
mustard with mirror work.
Manish showcased the stylish 'ghagra-pant' - a fusion of the Sharara and classic pant - which is touted to give some alternatives to the traditional 'lehengas'.
Another interesting innovation was the Koti (bolero) top reinvented from the Rajasthan Koti, which can be teamed with
saris or ghagras.
The men's wear exuded elegance with kurtas teamed with wide salwars, dhotis or dhoti pants, sherwanis with narrow
trousers, while bundies in varied colour contrasts over kurtas
were masculine in style and finish.
Celebrities like Karan Johar, Lara Dutta, Karisma Kapoor,
Ayushmann Khurrana and others attended the show.