Manish Paul in Tere Bin... sequel?
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Supreme Court lifts mining ban in Goa, caps iron ore volume
- PMO begins work on Presidentâs Parliament speech for next govt
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
- To prevent polarisation, EC tells Delhi Police âdonât publicise workâ
Osama Bin Laden remains the central character in Tere Bin Laden's sequel
He had moved on after Tere Bin Laden's success and already started work on another film. But when director Abhishek Sharma heard the news that Osama Bin Laden had been killed in a covert military operation, it triggered the idea of the sequel. "It is very big and extremely unique, so I got on to working on the sequel instead," explains Sharma. The shooting of the film, which is currently in the casting stage of pre-production, will begin next year.
However, the script has evolved in a way that the director cannot cast Ali Zafar — the protagonist of Tere Bin Laden — as the lead actor in the sequel. The buzz was that television personality Ayushmann Khurrana, who became popular with his debut feature Vicky Donor, was being considered for the role. While Manish Paul was being considered for the lead, Sharma is yet undecided. "We needed a fresh face for the film. But that does not imply Ali Zafar's ousting from the sequel," Sharma adds, "Ali has a special role in the film, which I felt only he could play."
The sequel carries forward some characters while introducing new ones. And even though it will be a dark comedy, Sharma asserts that it is far bigger and more crazy. Like Tere Bin Laden, the sequel, too, is being produced by sisters Aarti Shetty and Pooja Shetty Deora's Walkwater Media.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready