Manisha Koirala’s surgery next week
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Actor Manisha Koirala has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer and is being treated at a hospital in New York, her manager Subrata Ghosh said Thursday.
She was scheduled to get operated on December 8 but that has now been pushed to Monday, Ghosh added.
Koirala took to Facebook and Twitter to thank fans and well wishers for their support. "Dear friends, thank you for all your wishes. I am in a good place and in good hands. With all your love and prayers I am sure I will recover. It was shocking to know but then life is full of surprises. One must deal with it and move on with faith and dignity," she posted.
Koirala has been unwell since Diwali, vomiting and losing consciousness. "It was after tests for food poisoning in Kathmandu that they suspected something more serious and she was brought to Jaslok Hospital in Mumbai on November 29," Ghosh said.
The fact she had been diagnosed with cancer was made public last week but there were no confirmed reports about the nature of her illness.
Actress and director Deepti Naval, who has directed Koirala in the yet-to-be-released Do Paise Ki Dhoop Chaar Aane Ki Baarish, has flown to New York to be with her.