Manisha Koirala’s surgery next week
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
Actor Manisha Koirala has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer and is being treated at a hospital in New York, her manager Subrata Ghosh said Thursday.
She was scheduled to get operated on December 8 but that has now been pushed to Monday, Ghosh added.
Koirala took to Facebook and Twitter to thank fans and well wishers for their support. "Dear friends, thank you for all your wishes. I am in a good place and in good hands. With all your love and prayers I am sure I will recover. It was shocking to know but then life is full of surprises. One must deal with it and move on with faith and dignity," she posted.
Koirala has been unwell since Diwali, vomiting and losing consciousness. "It was after tests for food poisoning in Kathmandu that they suspected something more serious and she was brought to Jaslok Hospital in Mumbai on November 29," Ghosh said.
The fact she had been diagnosed with cancer was made public last week but there were no confirmed reports about the nature of her illness.
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov