Manmohan Singh and Narendra Modi to share dais at Ahmedabad event
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, will share the stage at the function to inaugurate a museum dedicated to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel's life on October 29.
Two days later, on October 31, Modi would be laying the foundation stone of a gigantic statue of the first Home Minister of the country near Sardar Sarovar Dam. The museum has been built by the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Memorial Society.
Union Minister Dinhsa Patel, who is the chairman of the society had met Modi and invited him to the function. The invitation card of the function says that the PM will be the chief guest and the Gujarat Chief Minister the special guest. The BJP, and especially Modi have often accused Congress of ignoring Patel's legacy and promoting Nehru-Gandhi dynasty.