Manmohan Singh over-rated as economist, underestimated as politician: Jaswant Singh
- Lies being spread that govt will scrap reservation: PM Modi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi's rally at Bhabhua tomorrow gets EC clearance
- Policy decision on combat role for women soon, says Defence Minister Parrikar
- Delhi: 4-year-old girl raped, found bleeding near railway tracks
- K P Oli elected as new Prime Minister of Nepal
Senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh today asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to call it a day and take rest by retiring from politics 'in the evening of his life'.
BJP leader told reporters in reply to a question that Manmohan Singh is underestimated as a politician and over-rated as an economist.
"A comment was made on Dr Manmohan Singh by somebody several years back. I would not name the person but he said that Singh is seen as an economist way above his capabilities and as a politician people have not been able to understand his political prowess, competence and cleverness," Jaswant Singh said.
The BJP leader was replying to a question on whether Manmohan Singh, 80, can get a third term as Prime Minister if Congress-led UPA wins the General Elections in 2014.
Singh maintained that though Manmohan Singh has been Prime Minister for nine years, it looks like he has been there for a longer period.
The BJP leader suggested that Singh should call it quits now and go into retirement.