Manmohan Singh over-rated as economist, underestimated as politician: Jaswant Singh
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh today asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to call it a day and take rest by retiring from politics 'in the evening of his life'.
BJP leader told reporters in reply to a question that Manmohan Singh is underestimated as a politician and over-rated as an economist.
"A comment was made on Dr Manmohan Singh by somebody several years back. I would not name the person but he said that Singh is seen as an economist way above his capabilities and as a politician people have not been able to understand his political prowess, competence and cleverness," Jaswant Singh said.
The BJP leader was replying to a question on whether Manmohan Singh, 80, can get a third term as Prime Minister if Congress-led UPA wins the General Elections in 2014.
Singh maintained that though Manmohan Singh has been Prime Minister for nine years, it looks like he has been there for a longer period.
The BJP leader suggested that Singh should call it quits now and go into retirement.
"Dr Singh should himself think of liberating India from him (his rule). After a successful political career, he should now take rest somewhere in the evening of his life," Jaswant Singh said.