Manmohan Singh over-rated as economist, underestimated as politician: Jaswant Singh
- Rafale deal: India sign agreement with France to acquire 36 fighter jets
- Subrata Roy set to go back to Tihar jail; SC declines to extend parole
- Explained: Restricting Pakistan's access to Indus easier said than done
- MNS-affiliate sets 48-hour deadline for Pakistani artists to leave India
- BJP-BDJS alliance in Kerala on verge of collapse hints leader
Senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh today asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to call it a day and take rest by retiring from politics 'in the evening of his life'.
BJP leader told reporters in reply to a question that Manmohan Singh is underestimated as a politician and over-rated as an economist.
"A comment was made on Dr Manmohan Singh by somebody several years back. I would not name the person but he said that Singh is seen as an economist way above his capabilities and as a politician people have not been able to understand his political prowess, competence and cleverness," Jaswant Singh said.
The BJP leader was replying to a question on whether Manmohan Singh, 80, can get a third term as Prime Minister if Congress-led UPA wins the General Elections in 2014.
Singh maintained that though Manmohan Singh has been Prime Minister for nine years, it looks like he has been there for a longer period.
The BJP leader suggested that Singh should call it quits now and go into retirement.
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Deendayal Upadhyaya transformed the Jana Sangh into a cadre party.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue