Manmohan Singh over-rated as economist, underestimated as politician: Jaswant Singh
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh today asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to call it a day and take rest by retiring from politics 'in the evening of his life'.
BJP leader told reporters in reply to a question that Manmohan Singh is underestimated as a politician and over-rated as an economist.
"A comment was made on Dr Manmohan Singh by somebody several years back. I would not name the person but he said that Singh is seen as an economist way above his capabilities and as a politician people have not been able to understand his political prowess, competence and cleverness," Jaswant Singh said.
The BJP leader was replying to a question on whether Manmohan Singh, 80, can get a third term as Prime Minister if Congress-led UPA wins the General Elections in 2014.
Singh maintained that though Manmohan Singh has been Prime Minister for nine years, it looks like he has been there for a longer period.
The BJP leader suggested that Singh should call it quits now and go into retirement.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words