Manna Dey in critical condition
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
Legendary singer Manna Dey is in a critical but stable condition after being admitted to a hospital here due to chest infection.
The 94-year-old singer was taken to the hospital yesterday after his health deteriorated.
"No change at all (in his condition). He is stable," a senior doctor at Narayana Hrudayalaya, told PTI.
Born in Kolkata, the Dadasaheb Phalke awardee currently resides in Bangalore after spending more than fifty years in Mumbai.
Having recorded more than 3,500 songs in a number of languages including Hindi and Bengali, he regaled generations of listeners with his romantic ballads, intricate raga-based songs, Qawwalis and fast-paced modern numbers, lending his
voice to a number of Hindi and Bengali film stars.
His popular tracks include Poocho Na Kaise Maine (Meri Surat Teri Aankhen), Ae Meri Zohra Jabeen (Waqt), Zindagi Kaisi Hai Paheli (Anand), Yeh Dosti (Sholay) and Ek Chatur Naar (Padosan).
Dey was being treated at his home for the past couple of weeks.