Manna Dey in critical condition
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Legendary singer Manna Dey is in a critical but stable condition after being admitted to a hospital here due to chest infection.
The 94-year-old singer was taken to the hospital yesterday after his health deteriorated.
"No change at all (in his condition). He is stable," a senior doctor at Narayana Hrudayalaya, told PTI.
Born in Kolkata, the Dadasaheb Phalke awardee currently resides in Bangalore after spending more than fifty years in Mumbai.
Having recorded more than 3,500 songs in a number of languages including Hindi and Bengali, he regaled generations of listeners with his romantic ballads, intricate raga-based songs, Qawwalis and fast-paced modern numbers, lending his
voice to a number of Hindi and Bengali film stars.
His popular tracks include Poocho Na Kaise Maine (Meri Surat Teri Aankhen), Ae Meri Zohra Jabeen (Waqt), Zindagi Kaisi Hai Paheli (Anand), Yeh Dosti (Sholay) and Ek Chatur Naar (Padosan).
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi