Manna Dey in critical condition
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Legendary singer Manna Dey is in a critical but stable condition after being admitted to a hospital here due to chest infection.
The 94-year-old singer was taken to the hospital yesterday after his health deteriorated.
"No change at all (in his condition). He is stable," a senior doctor at Narayana Hrudayalaya, told PTI.
Born in Kolkata, the Dadasaheb Phalke awardee currently resides in Bangalore after spending more than fifty years in Mumbai.
Having recorded more than 3,500 songs in a number of languages including Hindi and Bengali, he regaled generations of listeners with his romantic ballads, intricate raga-based songs, Qawwalis and fast-paced modern numbers, lending his
voice to a number of Hindi and Bengali film stars.
His popular tracks include Poocho Na Kaise Maine (Meri Surat Teri Aankhen), Ae Meri Zohra Jabeen (Waqt), Zindagi Kaisi Hai Paheli (Anand), Yeh Dosti (Sholay) and Ek Chatur Naar (Padosan).
Dey was being treated at his home for the past couple of weeks.