Manoj Kohli to become Airtel MD
- Telangana LIVE: Process adopted to divide Andhra Pradesh unfortunate, Cong alone can't be blamed, says Chiranjeevi
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rahul Gandhi's remark on Rajiv killers a drama to divert attention: Kumar Vishwas
- Tribal activist Soni Sori, ex-Infosys CFO V Bala join Aam Aadmi Party
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case forces adjournment of Parliament
In a major top-level management restructuring, Bharti Airtel is set to appoint Manoj Kohli as its managing director to revive its mobile business.
Bharti Airtel's founder Sunil Mittal, who is currently its chairman and managing director, will become executive chairman of the company, after Kohli moves to his new role.
Kohli currently heads the firm's international operations as its chief executive officer and is also a joint managing director of the company. A company veteran, he is currently based in Nairobi, the headquarters of Bharti Airtel's African operations.
In a filing to stock exchanges, Bharti Airtel said the board changes will be considered at the company's board meeting on Thursday.
Gopal Vittal, the new CEO of Bharti Airtel's India business, will be named joint managing director. He was named chief executive after the firm's India CEO Sanjay Kapoor stepped down two weeks back.
The management rejig comes at a time when the company is looking at improving profitability while increasing both 3G and 4G subscriber base.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state