Manpreet wife’s land ‘sold’ illegally
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
Veenu Badal, wife of People's Party of Punjab (PPP) president Manpreet Badal on Sunday alleged a land fraud in Gandu Kilcha Uttar village in Ferozepur district.
Veenu and her brother Jaijeet Johal are the joint owners of 100 acres of land in this village and according to a complaint given by the duo to the DC Ferozepur S.Karuna Raju, 16 acres of the said plot was fraudulently transferred to one Labh Singh and others of the same village by the revenue authorities.
"I submitted the complaint before the DC about a month back, but till date I have not got justice. The administration is not acting because of the political pressure," Johal said.
He said that in the revenue record "Jamabandi for the year 2005-06, we are shown as absolute owners but in the Jamabandi for the year 2010-11 we have been removed as owners by showing sale and fixing mutation numbers."
"The Patwari has put fictitious number to give legality to the document and then the so-called purchasers proceeded to take loans from OBC Bank in Khai and Ferozepur cantonment to the tune of Rs 10 lakh against 16 acres of land. The bank manager and his field staff failed to check the documents, which indicate that they were hand in glove with the revenue officials and the villagers," he alleged.
He asked if the wife of a former finance minister of Punjab and her family can be hoodwinked by the revenue staff, what will happen to the common man.
Contacted, Deputy Commissioner S Karuna Raju admitted receiving a complaint from Veenu and Jaijeet Johal. "I marked an enquiry the same day. The enquiry report was completed by the sadar kanungo who now has been promoted as Naib Tehsildaar. A new sadar kanungo has joined and I will seek the enquiry report from him on the next working day so as to take appropriate action," he said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress