Mantralaya blaze an accident: Cops
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
The fire that gutted three floors of Mantralaya on June 21 last year was due to short circuit and not sabotage, according to police.
This was revealed in a report submitted to Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan by Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Himanshu Roy, sources said on Monday.
According to the report, the short circuit occurred in the IT department. The report has ruled out any foul play in the incident, sources said.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon