Marad report slams Muslim League
- Union Cabinet recommends President's Rule in Arunachal Pradesh
- Rafale jet deal on right track, says French President Hollande ahead of India visit
- Three girls commit suicide in Tamil Nadu, blaming college, high fees
- Tavleen Singh's column: Could Rohith have been saved?
- Netaji files: Centre rejected probe reports twice, to assert ‘Bose dead’
The Muslim League was directly involved in both the conspiracy and execution of Kerala's worst ever communal carnage, while both the CPI(M) and the Sangh Parivar had kept fanning the communal flames for their own gains, says the report of the judicial commission probing the three-year-old Marad massacre.
The commission's unpublished report of 490-odd pages, which the Left government will table in the Assembly tomorrow, has also slammed the then AK Antony government for refusing to order a CBI probe. Asserting that the police probe had skirted the crucial aspect of a wider conspiracy, the commission has asked the government to order a comprehensive multi-agency probe, involving the CBI, IB and the DRI.