Marad report slams Muslim League
- Media running 'false' news to tarnish Vasundhara Raje's image: CM office
- NIA says no 'issuance of inappropriate briefing by any officer'
- ‘Emergency one of India’s darkest periods,’ says PM Modi
- Lakhvi release: Pak says India politicising UNSC sanctions committee
- AAP unveils Rs.41,129 crore Delhi's 'Swaraj' budget
The Muslim League was directly involved in both the conspiracy and execution of Kerala's worst ever communal carnage, while both the CPI(M) and the Sangh Parivar had kept fanning the communal flames for their own gains, says the report of the judicial commission probing the three-year-old Marad massacre.
The commission's unpublished report of 490-odd pages, which the Left government will table in the Assembly tomorrow, has also slammed the then AK Antony government for refusing to order a CBI probe. Asserting that the police probe had skirted the crucial aspect of a wider conspiracy, the commission has asked the government to order a comprehensive multi-agency probe, involving the CBI, IB and the DRI.
While affirming a clear communal conspiracy, with "Muslim fundamentalist and terrorist'' organisations involved, the commission says it has no material evidence to say if any foreign hand was involved.