Marad report slams Muslim League
- Supreme Court curtails BCCI's financial powers, independent auditor to scrutinise accounts
- Bhubaneswar hospital fire: More patients succumb to injuries, death toll reaches 24
- Embraer aircraft deal: CBI names defence agent Vipin Khanna as key beneficiary in payoffs FIR
- Scrap English requirement, references that insult India: RSS edu wing to HRD
- US: 500 million pages of sensitive govt record stolen by ex-NSA contractor
The Muslim League was directly involved in both the conspiracy and execution of Kerala's worst ever communal carnage, while both the CPI(M) and the Sangh Parivar had kept fanning the communal flames for their own gains, says the report of the judicial commission probing the three-year-old Marad massacre.
The commission's unpublished report of 490-odd pages, which the Left government will table in the Assembly tomorrow, has also slammed the then AK Antony government for refusing to order a CBI probe. Asserting that the police probe had skirted the crucial aspect of a wider conspiracy, the commission has asked the government to order a comprehensive multi-agency probe, involving the CBI, IB and the DRI.
- 'Liberals' have moved from attacking triple talaq to an all-out attack on a 'right-wing govt
- Bombay must not be silenced — we're all stakeholders in its ability to speak, sing and dance
- Contradictions are mounting within BRICS. India’s diplomacy could explore alternative groupings
- India-EU water management co-operation will benefit millions
- Ilyas Kashmiri's career underlines there is nothing holy about jihad by state and non-state actors
- Khurram Parvez jailing appears unjust, against govt’s self-interest in troubled Kashmir