Marad report slams Muslim League
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
The Muslim League was directly involved in both the conspiracy and execution of Kerala's worst ever communal carnage, while both the CPI(M) and the Sangh Parivar had kept fanning the communal flames for their own gains, says the report of the judicial commission probing the three-year-old Marad massacre.
The commission's unpublished report of 490-odd pages, which the Left government will table in the Assembly tomorrow, has also slammed the then AK Antony government for refusing to order a CBI probe. Asserting that the police probe had skirted the crucial aspect of a wider conspiracy, the commission has asked the government to order a comprehensive multi-agency probe, involving the CBI, IB and the DRI.
While affirming a clear communal conspiracy, with "Muslim fundamentalist and terrorist'' organisations involved, the commission says it has no material evidence to say if any foreign hand was involved.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18