Dayanidhi Maran likely to be dropped from Central Cabinet
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh is likely to drop Textiles Minister Dayanidhi Maran during the next reshuffle of the Union Council of Ministers.
The next reshuffle of the Cabinet is expected in the first week of July.
Maran, who had the portfolio of the Telecom Ministry between 2004 and 2007, has been charged of misusing his position in selectively distributing 2G spectrum licenses to telecom bidders in 2006.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is expected to seek clarification from Maran on the claims made by entrepreneur C. Sivasankaran, who had told the investigating agency earlier this month that Maran coerced him into selling his company Aircel to Malaysian telco Maxis.
Maran is the third leader of UPA's ally DMK, who is under scrutiny after lawmaker Kanimozhi and former Union Telecom Minister A. Raja were arrested for their alleged role in the 2G scam.