Marathi actor files cheating case against husband
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Pune police have lodged an offence of rape against a former corporator from Panvel following a complaint lodged by a Marathi film actress residing in the city.
Police have identified the suspect as Siddhartha Bantiya (35), a resident of Panvel and former Congress corporator. The complainant had alleged that the suspect married her despite being already married. The complainant claimed that the suspect cheated her by hiding the fact that he was already married. An offence of rape, cheating and forgery has been registered against Bantiya with the Dattawadi police.
Police said Bantiya allegedly prepared a fake certificate of his marriage with the complainant. He also allegedly took Rs 6 lakh from her and assured her a plot from government quota.
As per the complaint, Bantiya married the film actress on July 23, 2010. But three years later, she got a phone call from another woman claiming to be Bantiya's wife. Shocked with this phone call, she questioned Banitya. He allegedly told her that he had divorced his first wife.
The complainant, however, claims that Bantiya showed him forged divorce documents. Inspector Smita Jadhav of women's assistance cell in Pune police commissionerate is investigating the case.