Marathi actor Vinay Apte passes away
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
Popular Marathi actor Vinay Apte, known for his roles in movies like "Jogwa", "Satyagraha" and "Aarakshan", died at a city hospital today at the age of 62.
"Mr Vinay Apte was admitted to the hospital yesterday at 8.24 pm. He died today at 5.45 pm. The cause of his death is multiple organ failure and secondary to acute coronary syndrome," Dr Ram Narain, COO of Kokilaben Ambani Hospital, told PTI.
Apte worked both in films and on television.
He has acted in television serials like "Madhubala-Ek Ishq Ek Junoon" and "Adalat" and in the Marathi soap "Durva".