Marathi actor Vinay Apte passes away
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Popular Marathi actor Vinay Apte, known for his roles in movies like "Jogwa", "Satyagraha" and "Aarakshan", died at a city hospital today at the age of 62.
"Mr Vinay Apte was admitted to the hospital yesterday at 8.24 pm. He died today at 5.45 pm. The cause of his death is multiple organ failure and secondary to acute coronary syndrome," Dr Ram Narain, COO of Kokilaben Ambani Hospital, told PTI.
Apte worked both in films and on television.
He has acted in television serials like "Madhubala-Ek Ishq Ek Junoon" and "Adalat" and in the Marathi soap "Durva".
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt
- Chidambaram counters Kejriwal over khap panchayat issue, says such bodies not part of IndianÂ culture