Marathi actress Alka Punekar disappears, police clueless
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
Alka Punekar, a Marathi actress, has been missing since December 27 from the city, police said.
What has deepened the mystery is the fact that her car was found at the bottom of a ravine near Khopoli on Mumbai-Pune road.
Police Inspector Meera Bansode of Kopri police station here said today that the probe was underway, but the police were yet to get any clue about her whereabouts.
Alka (49), a resident of Thane city, went missing on December 27. Her husband Sanjay Punekar lodged a complaint with the Kopri police.
As per the complaint, Alka left home on December 27 for a show at Uran in neighbouring Navi Mumbai. From there she was to travel further to Pune.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China