Marathi actress Alka Punekar disappears, police clueless
- BJP cancels Sabir Ali's membership after objection by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and RSS
- Narendra Modi attacks Rahul Gandhi, says his 'entire family has never been able to fight BJP ideology'
- Rahul Gandhi goes ahead with Saharanpur rally, chides Imran Masood's comments
- Narendra Modi and Kejriwal locked in a war over books in Varanasi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says Congress Mukht India, corruption free India; Sabir Ali files defamation case against Naqvi
Alka Punekar, a Marathi actress, has been missing since December 27 from the city, police said.
What has deepened the mystery is the fact that her car was found at the bottom of a ravine near Khopoli on Mumbai-Pune road.
Police Inspector Meera Bansode of Kopri police station here said today that the probe was underway, but the police were yet to get any clue about her whereabouts.
Alka (49), a resident of Thane city, went missing on December 27. Her husband Sanjay Punekar lodged a complaint with the Kopri police.
As per the complaint, Alka left home on December 27 for a show at Uran in neighbouring Navi Mumbai. From there she was to travel further to Pune.
Her car was found in a mangled state at the bottom of a 700-feet deep gorge in Khopoli in Raigad district on December 30. Police found her bag and cellphone in the car, but she was nowhere to be found.
- Chandy need not quit in view of HC order: Antony
- Anti-Navneet Kaur Rana campaign; NCP expels ex-MLA's hubby
- SP criticises BJP over 'Ya Modi Sarvbhuteshu' poster
- Sabir Ali's inclusion in BJP was not a right step: Ramdev
- Minorities “apprehensive” about Modi becoming PM: BJP leader
- AAP volunteers hunting for a house for Kejriwal in Varanasi