Marathi actress Alka Punekar disappears, police clueless
- My dream of winning a medal at Rio has been cruelly snatched away from me: Narsingh Yadav
- India draws clear red lines for Pakistan, 5-point agenda for talks
- Sidhu didn't put any pre-condition, he needs time to think: Arvind Kejriwal
- Getting better by the game, PV Sindhu goes for gold at Rio 2016 today
- Gopalganj hooch tragedy: 25 policemen suspended, six people arrested
Alka Punekar, a Marathi actress, has been missing since December 27 from the city, police said.
What has deepened the mystery is the fact that her car was found at the bottom of a ravine near Khopoli on Mumbai-Pune road.
Police Inspector Meera Bansode of Kopri police station here said today that the probe was underway, but the police were yet to get any clue about her whereabouts.
Alka (49), a resident of Thane city, went missing on December 27. Her husband Sanjay Punekar lodged a complaint with the Kopri police.
As per the complaint, Alka left home on December 27 for a show at Uran in neighbouring Navi Mumbai. From there she was to travel further to Pune.
- Instead of waiting for talent to appear, we must create a national sports culture
- We need to think creatively about the proposed defence university
- Baloch nationalists have always wished to be treated as an entity separate from Pakistan
- Balochistan and Kashmir have become key strategic points in Sino-Pak ties
- Playing the Baloch card: We have acknowledged that India, Pakistan are deeply hyphenated
- Sharmila is the doer who breaks a grand vow to protect the greater common good