Marathi actress Alka Punekar disappears, police clueless
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy faces arrest, Supreme Court issues non-bailable warrant
- No execution for KLF terrorist Bhullar in present health condition: Centre tells SC
- Submarine INS Sindhuratna mishap: Two officers trapped inside feared dead, 7 sailors injured
- BJP offers seven seats to Paswan but with a rider: 'your symbol, our candidate'
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
Alka Punekar, a Marathi actress, has been missing since December 27 from the city, police said.
What has deepened the mystery is the fact that her car was found at the bottom of a ravine near Khopoli on Mumbai-Pune road.
Police Inspector Meera Bansode of Kopri police station here said today that the probe was underway, but the police were yet to get any clue about her whereabouts.
Alka (49), a resident of Thane city, went missing on December 27. Her husband Sanjay Punekar lodged a complaint with the Kopri police.
As per the complaint, Alka left home on December 27 for a show at Uran in neighbouring Navi Mumbai. From there she was to travel further to Pune.
Her car was found in a mangled state at the bottom of a 700-feet deep gorge in Khopoli in Raigad district on December 30. Police found her bag and cellphone in the car, but she was nowhere to be found.