Marathi actress Alka Punewar staged accident to elope with boyfriend
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Marathi actor Alka Punewar, who had 'mysteriously disappeared' on her way to Uran for a stage show on December 27, was traced to Chennai on Tuesday, where she had been staying with her paramour since her 'disappearance'. The police said she, her paramour and their mutual friend had faked her 'accident' in Khopoli so that they could elope. Interestingly, Punewar has claimed that as she was not present when the accident was faked and she had no idea what her paramour and his friend did.
The mystery unravelled when the Mumbai Police Crime Branch traced the mutual friend, Sanjay Sonkar, and picked him up from his Panvel residence. He allegedly confessed to his role, and narrated the events that transpired between the night of December 27 and the morning of December 28.
A Crime Branch officer said Alka's Call Data Records (CDRs) led them first to her paramour Alok Paliwal, and subsequently to Sonkar.
"We found that Alka had sent three text messages to a number, which had been inactive since July last year. We obtained the number's CDRs since January and found that the location for that number was the same as Alka's on several occasions. We analysed Alka's CDRs and found that after that particular number became inactive, there was a lot of contact with another number. We analysed the CDRs for this new number, and found that the user was in Khopoli on the night of Alka's disappearance. There was another cellphone at the same location at the time, which turned out to be Sonkar's," said a Crime Branch officer.
Sonkar, a tower maintenance engineer for a cellular service provider, allegedly told the police the unknown number belonged to Paliwal. On December 27, Alka, Paliwal and Sonkar first went to Koparkhairane, where they discussed the plan, after which Alka was dropped at CST. Sonkar and Paliwal went to Khopoli, and on the way, sent a text message to Alka's husband Sanjay, so that CDR analysis would indicate that Alka was in Khopoli as well. The duo then pushed the second-hand car bought three days earlier into a ravine in Khopoli and threw Alka's phone there. Sonkar returned to his Panvel residence while Alka and Paliwal travelled separately to Pune. From there, they first went to Bangalore and then to Chennai.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express