Marathi literature optional subject for class XI
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
Students of class XI in state board schools will now be able to opt for Marathi literature as one of the subjects. Apart from this, the 100 marks compulsory Marathi language paper has been made more application-oriented with the introduction of concepts of journalistic writing and other application-based aspects.
Textbooks for Marathi literature are available in the markets and students from various junior colleges have already taken up this optional subject. However, other subjects including European Music have been taken off the list of the optional subjects owing to few takers.
Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) chairperson Sarjerao Jadhav, said, "Two years ago we started English literature course as an optional subject and we got a very good response. So, we decided to start Marathi literature course too. This course has been designed keeping in mind those students who want to specialise in literature."
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance
- Slogans should be backed with appropriate strategies, else they remain showbiz
- Ideas seem to be the BJP’s enemy, whether from within or from without
- No country is ready to send boots on the ground, thus ensuring the survival of the IS
- Bad monsoon memories
- Across the aisle: A flat growth rate indicates India's economy is in poor shape