Marathi literature optional subject for class XI
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Students of class XI in state board schools will now be able to opt for Marathi literature as one of the subjects. Apart from this, the 100 marks compulsory Marathi language paper has been made more application-oriented with the introduction of concepts of journalistic writing and other application-based aspects.
Textbooks for Marathi literature are available in the markets and students from various junior colleges have already taken up this optional subject. However, other subjects including European Music have been taken off the list of the optional subjects owing to few takers.
Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) chairperson Sarjerao Jadhav, said, "Two years ago we started English literature course as an optional subject and we got a very good response. So, we decided to start Marathi literature course too. This course has been designed keeping in mind those students who want to specialise in literature."