Marico board approves restructuring of company's biz
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
FMCG firm Marico today said its board has approved restructuring of the company's businesses and corporate entities with effect from April 1.
The company's board, which met today, "considered and approved a proposal to restructure Marico's businesses and corporate entities", Marico Ltd said in a filing to the BSE.
The company has also approved the restructuring of its organisation, Marico added.
"These both are proposed to be effective April 1, 2013 and are subject to statutory and contractual approvals," the Mumbai-headquartered firm said.
Marico, which is present in more than 25 countries across Asia and the African continent, had reported turnover of Rs 4,000 crore in 2011-12.
The company's portfolio includes brands like Parachute Advansed, Saffola, Hair & Care, Nihar and Mediker. It recently acquired the personal care business of Reckitt Benckiser.
Marico scrip was trading at Rs 225.55 on the BSE in the afternoon trade, up 0.51 per cent from its previous close.