Marilyn Monroe in new Chanel ad
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Sixty years after Marilyn Monroe made public her love for Chanel No 5, the screen goddess is part of a commercial released by the fashion house to promote the fragrance.
Chanel has released the second chapter of their 'Inside Chanel' series, titled 'Marilyn and No 5'. The two-minute, 30-second commercial contains previously unreleased images of Monroe with her favorite perfume as well as the never-before-heard audio where she actually spoke her now-famous words about sleeping in Chanel, a media report said.
"They ask you questions like... What do you wear to bed - A pajama top? The bottoms of the pajama? A nightgown? So I said, 'Chanel No 5' because it's the truth! ...And yet I don't want to say 'nude'!," Monroe had said way back in 1952.
The screen siren's love affair with Chanel No 5 was probably one of the most successful marketing campaigns ever, and it wasn't even commissioned.
Over the years, the fragrance has been represented by famous faces such as Carole Bouquet, Estella Warren, Nicole Kidman.
The iconic scent has a loyal list of A-list celeb fans including Eva Mendes, Victoria Beckham, Jessica Alba, Celine Dion and Claudia Schiffer.