Marilyn Monroe in new Chanel ad
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Sixty years after Marilyn Monroe made public her love for Chanel No 5, the screen goddess is part of a commercial released by the fashion house to promote the fragrance.
Chanel has released the second chapter of their 'Inside Chanel' series, titled 'Marilyn and No 5'. The two-minute, 30-second commercial contains previously unreleased images of Monroe with her favorite perfume as well as the never-before-heard audio where she actually spoke her now-famous words about sleeping in Chanel, a media report said.
"They ask you questions like... What do you wear to bed - A pajama top? The bottoms of the pajama? A nightgown? So I said, 'Chanel No 5' because it's the truth! ...And yet I don't want to say 'nude'!," Monroe had said way back in 1952.
The screen siren's love affair with Chanel No 5 was probably one of the most successful marketing campaigns ever, and it wasn't even commissioned.
Over the years, the fragrance has been represented by famous faces such as Carole Bouquet, Estella Warren, Nicole Kidman.
The iconic scent has a loyal list of A-list celeb fans including Eva Mendes, Victoria Beckham, Jessica Alba, Celine Dion and Claudia Schiffer.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express