Marilyn Monroe in new Chanel ad
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Sixty years after Marilyn Monroe made public her love for Chanel No 5, the screen goddess is part of a commercial released by the fashion house to promote the fragrance.
Chanel has released the second chapter of their 'Inside Chanel' series, titled 'Marilyn and No 5'. The two-minute, 30-second commercial contains previously unreleased images of Monroe with her favorite perfume as well as the never-before-heard audio where she actually spoke her now-famous words about sleeping in Chanel, a media report said.
"They ask you questions like... What do you wear to bed - A pajama top? The bottoms of the pajama? A nightgown? So I said, 'Chanel No 5' because it's the truth! ...And yet I don't want to say 'nude'!," Monroe had said way back in 1952.
The screen siren's love affair with Chanel No 5 was probably one of the most successful marketing campaigns ever, and it wasn't even commissioned.
Over the years, the fragrance has been represented by famous faces such as Carole Bouquet, Estella Warren, Nicole Kidman.
The iconic scent has a loyal list of A-list celeb fans including Eva Mendes, Victoria Beckham, Jessica Alba, Celine Dion and Claudia Schiffer.
- To attract more bidders, UT may make changes in excise policy this year
- AAP rally draws tepid response as senior leaders give it a miss
- Jaitley versus Captain: Hard fight, harder to call
- Attack on teachers, medical staff: Maoists say sorry for ‘lapse’
- Swamp of Muslim candidates may upset Congress applecart
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route