Marilyn Monroe's wedding ring, nude painting to be auctioned
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Screen siren Marilyn Monroe's wedding ring and a naked painting have been added to a treasure trove of celebrity memorabilia, which will go under the hammer.
The ring, set with 35 baguette-cut diamonds, that her second husband Joe DiMaggio gave to Monroe on their wedding day in 1954 is expected to fetch USD 300,000 on December 11 in Los Angeles, Daily Express reported.
Also up for auction is an original painting by Earl Moran of a young and nude Monroe in a prone pose from a modelling session in the late 1940s.
"Monroe was a big fan of Moran's work and reportedly once told the artist she loved the way he made her legs look wonderful," a source said.
The painting is expected to fetch between USD 43,750 and USD 56,250.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express