Marilyn Monroe's wedding ring, nude painting to be auctioned
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
Screen siren Marilyn Monroe's wedding ring and a naked painting have been added to a treasure trove of celebrity memorabilia, which will go under the hammer.
The ring, set with 35 baguette-cut diamonds, that her second husband Joe DiMaggio gave to Monroe on their wedding day in 1954 is expected to fetch USD 300,000 on December 11 in Los Angeles, Daily Express reported.
Also up for auction is an original painting by Earl Moran of a young and nude Monroe in a prone pose from a modelling session in the late 1940s.
"Monroe was a big fan of Moran's work and reportedly once told the artist she loved the way he made her legs look wonderful," a source said.
The painting is expected to fetch between USD 43,750 and USD 56,250.