Marilyn Monroe's wedding ring, nude painting to be auctioned
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Screen siren Marilyn Monroe's wedding ring and a naked painting have been added to a treasure trove of celebrity memorabilia, which will go under the hammer.
The ring, set with 35 baguette-cut diamonds, that her second husband Joe DiMaggio gave to Monroe on their wedding day in 1954 is expected to fetch USD 300,000 on December 11 in Los Angeles, Daily Express reported.
Also up for auction is an original painting by Earl Moran of a young and nude Monroe in a prone pose from a modelling session in the late 1940s.
"Monroe was a big fan of Moran's work and reportedly once told the artist she loved the way he made her legs look wonderful," a source said.
The painting is expected to fetch between USD 43,750 and USD 56,250.