Marilyn Monroe's wedding ring, nude painting to be auctioned
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Screen siren Marilyn Monroe's wedding ring and a naked painting have been added to a treasure trove of celebrity memorabilia, which will go under the hammer.
The ring, set with 35 baguette-cut diamonds, that her second husband Joe DiMaggio gave to Monroe on their wedding day in 1954 is expected to fetch USD 300,000 on December 11 in Los Angeles, Daily Express reported.
Also up for auction is an original painting by Earl Moran of a young and nude Monroe in a prone pose from a modelling session in the late 1940s.
"Monroe was a big fan of Moran's work and reportedly once told the artist she loved the way he made her legs look wonderful," a source said.
The painting is expected to fetch between USD 43,750 and USD 56,250.