Markandey Katju writes to INS expressing regret over remarks
Press Council of India chief Markandey Katju has expressed regret over his remarks against journalists that had created a storm in the media and the Indian Newspaper Society (INS) has accepted it.
The members of the Executive Committee of INS, which met to consider the regret expressed by Katju in his letter to INS president on September 21, has accepted it, the INS said in a statement on Monday.
"The members of the executive committee after deliberation decided to accept the regret expressed by Katju," it said.
Katju had created a storm last year saying that "majority of media people are of poor intellectual level". He had, however, clarified that his remarks were misunderstood and he was only trying to remind the journalists of their duties.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan