Markandeya Katju appeals for release of Sanaullah
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Prime Minister could not understand coalition politics, says Jaiswal
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
PCI Chairman Markandeya Katju today appealed to the Centre to release Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah, who was injured in a scuffle in a Jammu jail and undergoing treatment at a hospital in Chandigarh.
"I appeal to the Indian Government to forthwith send back Sanaullah, a Pakistani prisoner who was attacked in a Jammu jail and is said to be in coma, to Pakistan, as requested by the Pakistan Government.
This will be a humanitarian act," Katju said.The PCI chief also appealed to Governments of India and Pakistan to immediately set up committees to review cases of all prisoners, and to set up mechanisms for early release of those convicted on alleged 'confessions' or insufficient or suspicious evidence.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready