Market body chief under scanner, dy takes over
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
With the Agricultural Marketing Board conducting an inquiry against the present chairman of the Market Committee, Dinesh Mahajan, vice-chairman Kulwinder Singh has been handed charge of the body till the investigations are completed.
The investigations are being conducted after a recent random inspection at the firm owned by Dinesh Mahajan —The Mahajan Fruit Co at the Sabzi mandi in Sector 26, Chandigarh — allegedly revealed that the company has evaded market fee of around Rs 25 lakh and has been operating two illegal firms.
Scrutiny of the records of the current financial year also found that the firm has violated provisions of the Punjab Agricultural Market Act, 1961, Rules and By Laws. The Marketing Board, Chandigarh, had initiated strict action against the license holders of the firm while the scrutiny of the rest of the records is under way.
In November, the inspection team had seized the records of the firm that was operated by Dinesh Kumar Mahajan, in the presence of the duty magistrate, secretary and assistant secretary, Market Committee, Chandigarh, and the mandi staff.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express