Market capitalisation of six BSE Sensex companies down Rs 33,513 cr, ONGC worst hit
- Kejriwal's detention in Modi land sparks violent clashes between BJP, AAP in three states
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Mamata Banerjee releases candidates list for LS polls, lists out celebs and statistics
Reliance Industries, ITC Ltd, Oil & Natural Gas Corpn (ONGC), Coal India, HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank saw losses in their market value. On the other hand, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Infosys, Wipro and Bharti Airtel witnessed rise in their value.
The biggest laggard was ONGC whose market valuation slipped by Rs 13,903 crore to Rs 2,35,960 crore.
FMCG major ITC was the second biggest loser as its value plunged by Rs 5,753 crore to Rs 2,49,849 crore.
The m-cap of ICICI Bank dipped by Rs 4,721 crore to Rs 1,23,192 crore and RIL's value fell by Rs 4,427 crore to Rs 2,79,502 crore.
Coal India's market cap went down by Rs 3,284 crore to Rs 1,75,437 crore and HDFC Bank lost Rs 1,425 crore to Rs 1,58,845 crore.
In contrast, TCS added Rs 12,350 crore to Rs 4,35,229 crore in m-cap and Wipro's value climbed Rs 432 crore to Rs 1,37,366 crore.
The market valuation of Infosys rose by Rs 184 crore to Rs 2,04,741 crore and that of Bharti went up by Rs 20 crore to Rs 1,31,454 crore.
In the ranking of top-10 firms, TCS retained its numero uno position, followed by RIL, ITC, ONGC, Infosys, CIL, HDFC Bank, Wipro, Bharti and ICICI Bank.
The benchmark BSE Sensex dropped 342.25 points last week, the worst performance for the index since the period ended November 8.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan