Market Eye – Week Ahead: Traders see shares weak ahead
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
* After a largely disappointing October-December earnings season, outside of some sectors such as IT, investors expect the market to remain in a narrow range ahead of the budget on Feb. 28.
* Traders will also track domestic institutional investors' flows, who have been on a selling spree in recent months as retail investors continue to cash in a recent rally by selling their equity mutual funds.
* Investors will be looking to see whether next year's budget will provide fiscal reform measures or whether the government will increase spending ahead of the general elections by 2014.
* A fiscally disciplined budget could see the markets once again resume gains. The BSE index having fallen 2.15 percent so far this month.
KEY FACTORS TO WATCH
Tues: India bond, FX markets closed for banking holiday
Thurs: Budget session of parliament to begin