Markets closed today for Holi holiday
- Eden to Eden, IPL Eight wonder
- Jayalalithaa announces welfare schemes worth Rs 1800 crore
- Heat wave continues to torment India; death toll rises to 368
- Will work towards abrogating Article 370 when we have numbers in Parliament: BJP
- Mathematician John Nash, who inspired 'A Beautiful Mind', killed in car crash
Markets will be closed on Wednesday for a public holiday. Trading will resume on Thursday. The benchmark BSE index closed up 0.12 percent, or 23.11 points, at 18,704.53, while the broader NSE index rose 0.14 percent, or 7.75 points, to end at 5,641.60 on Tuesday.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield closed 4 basis points (bps) higher at 7.99 percent, while the partially convertible rupee closed at 54.365/375 per dollar versus 54.175/185 on Tuesday.