Markfed launches 5 ‘ready to eat’ products
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Asia's largest marketing cooperative, Markfed, on Monday launched five new 'ready to eat' canned products for the domestic market.
Managing Director Dr Karamjeet Singh Sra, while launching the 'SOHNA' brand of spices — garam masala, turmeric and red chilli and a new package of four types of pickles — said: "The products is for the domestic market, as we want to make Markfed a dominant player here as well. With increase in nuclear families and working couples, a huge demand for canned food have been noticed. With emergence of a stronger upper middle class, the scope of ready to eat products has become very high in India."
He added: "To achieve desired results in the domestic market, a complete haul up of our product portfolio is underway with the introduction of new labels, recipes and new packaging."
The five ready to eat products launched were Aloo Mattar, Karahi Paneer, MIX Vegetable, Amritsari Chhole and Moong Dal Halwa. "Markfed food items do not contain preservatives and have a shelf life of two years," said Sra.