Marlon Samuels, Darren Bravo lift West Indies in 2nd test
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
He fell just four short of equalling the highest ever individual score by a number 10 batsman set by Walter Read for England against Australia at The Oval in 1884.
Mohammad Mahmudullah was dismissed in the third over of the day when he gave Darren Sammy a return catch after scoring a solid 76.
He had helped Hasan add 184 runs for the ninth wicket to lift the home team from a precarious 193-8 on the first day.
Their partnership fell just 11 short of the world record ninth-wicket partnership by South African pair Mark Boucher and Pat Symcox against Pakistan in Johannesburg in 1998.
Mahmudullah hit nine boundaries during his almost three-hour stay.
Edwards was the pick of the bowlers with 6-90, his 12th five-wicket haul in Test matches. Sammy chipped in with 3-74.