Marriage won't affect my work: Vidya Balan
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Newly wed Vidya Balan, who stars opposite Emraan Hashmi in upcoming comedy 'Ghanchakkar', says that her marriage won't have a bearing on her career in Bollywood.
'Ishqiya' and 'The Dirty Picture' showed Vidya at her boldest and helped her win a lot of awards.
When asked if she would be ok doing bold roles or kissing scenes post marriage, Vidya said, "I am an actor and I am married are two different things. Both of us (Siddharth and I) respect each other and our work."
The comedy directed by Rajkumar Gupta releases on June 21. This is Vidya's first film after her marriage.
"This film is special in a way as it's releasing after marriage. It was great working with Emraan this time," she said.
The 35-year-old would be seen playing a Punjabi housewife in the film.
"My character is loud, boisterous and she feels she knows everything. She wears her heart on her sleeve. It is first time I am attempting something like this," she said.
The actress tied the knot with Siddharth Roy Kapur of UTV in December last year.