Marriage won't affect my work: Vidya Balan
- Lok Sabha elections: First phase of polling ends, Assam records 72 pc voting, Tripura 80 pc
- Modiâs mark on BJP manifesto
- Possible signals from lost jet's black boxes heard
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- April 7 Campaign roundup: BJP talking of minority welfare is like Dracula heading blood bank, says Congress; AAP will not even win a single seat in LS polls, says Kalyan Singh
Newly wed Vidya Balan, who stars opposite Emraan Hashmi in upcoming comedy 'Ghanchakkar', says that her marriage won't have a bearing on her career in Bollywood.
'Ishqiya' and 'The Dirty Picture' showed Vidya at her boldest and helped her win a lot of awards.
When asked if she would be ok doing bold roles or kissing scenes post marriage, Vidya said, "I am an actor and I am married are two different things. Both of us (Siddharth and I) respect each other and our work."
The comedy directed by Rajkumar Gupta releases on June 21. This is Vidya's first film after her marriage.
"This film is special in a way as it's releasing after marriage. It was great working with Emraan this time," she said.
The 35-year-old would be seen playing a Punjabi housewife in the film.
"My character is loud, boisterous and she feels she knows everything. She wears her heart on her sleeve. It is first time I am attempting something like this," she said.
The actress tied the knot with Siddharth Roy Kapur of UTV in December last year.
- Andhra: SEC restrained from declaring municipal polls result
- Bal Thackeray will row: HC adjourns hearing
- EC exploring online voting option for NRIs
- J&K asked to ensure proper probe into Kishtwar violence
- Naveen may slip in his toughest fight, BJP gains on Modi name
- 2 posing as cops held for molestation, robbery bid