Marriage won't affect my work: Vidya Balan
- AAP govt sacks Delhi Food Minister Asim Ahmed over corruption charges
- Two Indians detained in Dubai and Saudi Arabia for terror links
- Nitish Kumar ups the ante against BJP, says Bihar will progress on its own efforts
- Man beheads wife; walks on Pune road with her head
- Tell us one place where Ganga is clean: NGT asks Centre
Newly wed Vidya Balan, who stars opposite Emraan Hashmi in upcoming comedy 'Ghanchakkar', says that her marriage won't have a bearing on her career in Bollywood.
'Ishqiya' and 'The Dirty Picture' showed Vidya at her boldest and helped her win a lot of awards.
When asked if she would be ok doing bold roles or kissing scenes post marriage, Vidya said, "I am an actor and I am married are two different things. Both of us (Siddharth and I) respect each other and our work."
The comedy directed by Rajkumar Gupta releases on June 21. This is Vidya's first film after her marriage.
"This film is special in a way as it's releasing after marriage. It was great working with Emraan this time," she said.
The 35-year-old would be seen playing a Punjabi housewife in the film.
"My character is loud, boisterous and she feels she knows everything. She wears her heart on her sleeve. It is first time I am attempting something like this," she said.
The actress tied the knot with Siddharth Roy Kapur of UTV in December last year.