Married man murders mistress, arrested while dumping body
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
A 23-year-old salesman was arrested while trying to dispose of the body of his girlfriend, who he allegedly strangled using her dupatta. Police said beat constables arrested Om Dutt when he was pulling the body out his Maruti 800 with the intention of dumping it at an isolated spot near Nawada Metro station in West Delhi at 12.30 am on Thursday.
According to police, Dutt and Rina (22) had an argument over finances, following which he strangled her. Police said Dutt married over a year ago and got into a relationship with Rina around seven months ago.
Dutt works for a sanitary store in Uttam Nagar and used to provide financial support to Rina, police said.
"Rina studied in Class X from an open school and also worked as part-time beautician. Her father passed away a few weeks ago, and she stayed with her mother and two brothers in Arjun Vihar. The financial condition of her family was not good. Rina's salary was not enough to support the family, so she used to take monetary assistance from Dutt," a police officer said.
"Dutt found it difficult to give money to Rina, given his limited salary. This frustrated him," the officer said.
On Wednesday, Rina met Dutt around 6.30 in the evening. Dutt picked her up from Arjun Vihar in his Maruti 800, and the two drove towards Nawada.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) V Renganathan said, "Rina asked for more money, which angered Dutt. He strangulated her using her dupatta. The couple first had an argument, after which he killed her."
Police said Dutt placed the body between the rear and the front seat of the car and drove to Nawada. He parked his car near Metro Pillar 700, near Nawada Metro station, and was trying to pull the body out, when two beat constables noticed him, police said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today