Married woman raped in MP village
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
A 27-year-old married woman was allegedly raped at a village here, police said today.
The incident took place when the woman was alone at her house at Semaria Tola village of the district on Saturday as her husband had gone to attend a wedding.
The accused – Keshar Singh (25) - barged in and allegedly raped her, they said.
The woman informed her husband about the offence on his return and the accused, who had fled to a nearby village, was arrested yesterday.
Singh has been booked under section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code, police added.