Married woman says colleague ‘raped’ her
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
A 26-year-old hosiery factory worker has accused her colleague of raping her and making a lewd MMS of her after allegedly lacing her tea with drugs. According to personnel at the Salem Tabri Police Station, the incident occurred in June and the alleged victim filed a complaint on Saturday after the accused tried to allegedly rape her again. Police have identified him as Vinod Kumar of Kabir Nagar, Basti Jodhewal, but he is absconding and police were unable to arrest him till the filing of this report.
Police said that the complainant had stated that in June, Vinod Kumar, works with her in a hosiery factory, ferried her away on a motorcycle on the pretext of collecting samples from another factory.
He then allegedly laced her tea with drugs, which left her unconscious, before taking her home and then allegedly raping her. The victim has also claimed that he also made an MMS of her and threatened to upload it on the internet if she revealed the incident to anyone.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress