Married woman says colleague ‘raped’ her
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
A 26-year-old hosiery factory worker has accused her colleague of raping her and making a lewd MMS of her after allegedly lacing her tea with drugs. According to personnel at the Salem Tabri Police Station, the incident occurred in June and the alleged victim filed a complaint on Saturday after the accused tried to allegedly rape her again. Police have identified him as Vinod Kumar of Kabir Nagar, Basti Jodhewal, but he is absconding and police were unable to arrest him till the filing of this report.
Police said that the complainant had stated that in June, Vinod Kumar, works with her in a hosiery factory, ferried her away on a motorcycle on the pretext of collecting samples from another factory.
He then allegedly laced her tea with drugs, which left her unconscious, before taking her home and then allegedly raping her. The victim has also claimed that he also made an MMS of her and threatened to upload it on the internet if she revealed the incident to anyone.
In her police complaint, the woman has further stated that she finally lodged a complaint after her colleague allegedly tried to rape her again on Saturday. "I told my husband everything and then registered the complaint," her police statement reads. ASI Ashwanu Kumar of the Salem Tabri police station said raids were on to nab the accused.