Married woman says colleague ‘raped’ her
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
A 26-year-old hosiery factory worker has accused her colleague of raping her and making a lewd MMS of her after allegedly lacing her tea with drugs. According to personnel at the Salem Tabri Police Station, the incident occurred in June and the alleged victim filed a complaint on Saturday after the accused tried to allegedly rape her again. Police have identified him as Vinod Kumar of Kabir Nagar, Basti Jodhewal, but he is absconding and police were unable to arrest him till the filing of this report.
Police said that the complainant had stated that in June, Vinod Kumar, works with her in a hosiery factory, ferried her away on a motorcycle on the pretext of collecting samples from another factory.
He then allegedly laced her tea with drugs, which left her unconscious, before taking her home and then allegedly raping her. The victim has also claimed that he also made an MMS of her and threatened to upload it on the internet if she revealed the incident to anyone.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?