Married woman says colleague ‘raped’ her
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
A 26-year-old hosiery factory worker has accused her colleague of raping her and making a lewd MMS of her after allegedly lacing her tea with drugs. According to personnel at the Salem Tabri Police Station, the incident occurred in June and the alleged victim filed a complaint on Saturday after the accused tried to allegedly rape her again. Police have identified him as Vinod Kumar of Kabir Nagar, Basti Jodhewal, but he is absconding and police were unable to arrest him till the filing of this report.
Police said that the complainant had stated that in June, Vinod Kumar, works with her in a hosiery factory, ferried her away on a motorcycle on the pretext of collecting samples from another factory.
He then allegedly laced her tea with drugs, which left her unconscious, before taking her home and then allegedly raping her. The victim has also claimed that he also made an MMS of her and threatened to upload it on the internet if she revealed the incident to anyone.