Maruti appoints Ayukawa as new chief
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- SC junks Centreâs plea, stands by order to grant life to Rajiv Gandhi's killers
- After BJP ticket, Smriti Irani becomes target of mockery by Kumar Vishwas
- Tharoor faces slander and a contest
- Powerful 8.2 magnitude earthquake strikes off Chile, triggers tsunami alert
Maruti Suzuki India today said it has appointed Kenichi Ayukawa as the new managing director and chief executive officer, who will succeed outgoing Shinzo Nakanishi. The appointment will be effective from April 1, 2013.
The board of directors of the company at a meeting held today appointed Ayukawa as the new chief in place of Nakanishi as the latter has attained the age of retirement, the company said in a statement. Nakanishi had joined the Japanese auto giant Suzuki Motor Corporation's Indian subsidiary in 2007 and was re-appointed as its MD and CEO for three years in September 2010.