Maruti conducts psychometric tests for 1,100 job aspirants
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Maruti Suzuki Limited (MSL) Wednesday conducted a psychometric evaluation of over 1,100 candidates it plans to hire for its strife-torn manufacturing plant at Manesar from Gujarat. These tests that measure "hidden" personality traits of a candidate were part of a "pre-hiring assessment".
Repeated instances of labour unrest at the Manesar plant — including a lock-out on July 21, 2012 following violence by workers — has prompted the car manufacturer to explore new avenues to hire the necessary workforce to run the assembly line at its factories in the National Capital Region.
"We are evaluating the candidates on three parameters...
This includes technical knowledge, psychometric tests and demographic tests," said a MSL official.
A five-member MSL team, with the help of state government officials, conducted these tests at Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Kubernagar in Ahmedabad.
Though officials refused to divulge details of the pre-hiring assessment, the two-hour long tests saw candidates holding ITI certificates being asked over 150 questions. Most of these questions were part of psychometric tests that quizzed the candidates in the age group of 18-26 years on personality traits (like aggression, style or manner of doing things), reasoning, motivation and ability assessment (like ability to co-operate and work in sync with colleagues).
Officials said that after the 2012 violence, which led to the death of a senior manager, the company is very careful about the profile of employees being hired for both junior and senior positions.
"This is the first time Maruti Suzuki is hiring in such large numbers from Gujarat. This is also, perhaps the first time, when psychometric tests are being conducted for ITI candidates in Gujarat," said K D Chauhan, assistant director (employment), directorate of Employment & Training, Gujarat, who oversaw the recruitment process along with P B Vyas of ITI-Kubernagar.
According to MSL officials, the candidates who clear the pre-hiring assessment will be shortlisted for interview and a practical test. The company is looking to hire nearly 1,000 workers for six months. After this period expires, the recruited employee will be retained as per the discretion of the company, officials said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress