Maruti service centre in Mulund gutted
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Elections LIVE 2014: Modi says Rahul, Sonia, Vadra, Priyanka (RSVP) model looted India
A Maruti service centre in Mulund was gutted on Saturday morning, police said. Preliminary investigation by the fire department revealed that the blaze was caused by a electrical malfunction. "The fire spread quickly because of the presence of wood and paper inside," a fire official said. At 3 am, a watchman at Car Kraft Service Centre in ABC Compound on P K Road in Mulund West saw the fire and alerted police. He called the manager, who had the keys to the unit, so that fire fighters could enter the area. Twelve trucks from the Mulund fire brigade doused the flames by 5.45 am, by which time the entire unit had been destroyed. In addition to documents and machinery stored inside the centre, 25 cars that were being serviced were burnt, police said. However, no one was hurt.