Maruti service centre in Mulund gutted
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A Maruti service centre in Mulund was gutted on Saturday morning, police said. Preliminary investigation by the fire department revealed that the blaze was caused by a electrical malfunction. "The fire spread quickly because of the presence of wood and paper inside," a fire official said. At 3 am, a watchman at Car Kraft Service Centre in ABC Compound on P K Road in Mulund West saw the fire and alerted police. He called the manager, who had the keys to the unit, so that fire fighters could enter the area. Twelve trucks from the Mulund fire brigade doused the flames by 5.45 am, by which time the entire unit had been destroyed. In addition to documents and machinery stored inside the centre, 25 cars that were being serviced were burnt, police said. However, no one was hurt.