Maruti service centre in Mulund gutted
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
A Maruti service centre in Mulund was gutted on Saturday morning, police said. Preliminary investigation by the fire department revealed that the blaze was caused by a electrical malfunction. "The fire spread quickly because of the presence of wood and paper inside," a fire official said. At 3 am, a watchman at Car Kraft Service Centre in ABC Compound on P K Road in Mulund West saw the fire and alerted police. He called the manager, who had the keys to the unit, so that fire fighters could enter the area. Twelve trucks from the Mulund fire brigade doused the flames by 5.45 am, by which time the entire unit had been destroyed. In addition to documents and machinery stored inside the centre, 25 cars that were being serviced were burnt, police said. However, no one was hurt.