Maruti Suzuki appoints Kenichi Ayukawa as new MD & CEO
- Real estate bill: BJP hits back at Rahul Gandhi, asks if he visited hail-affected farmers in Amethi
- Mumbai: Assistant sub-inspector shoots senior, self in Vakola police station
- Moga bus molestation: Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh orders Orbit buses off the road amid protests
- Three killed, 16 injured in accident at Harduaganj thermal station
- Amarnath Yatra: Nirmal Singh hits back at Geelani, says separatists have become 'irrelevant'
Country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) today said it has appointed Kenichi Ayukawa as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, who will succeed outgoing Shinzo Nakanishi.
The appointment will be effective from April 1, 2013.
The board of directors of the company at a meeting held today appointed Ayukawa as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer in place of Nakanishi as the latter has attained the age of retirement, the company said in a statement.
Nakanishi had joined the Japanese auto giant Suzuki Motor Corporation's Indian subsidiary in 2007 was re-appointed its Managing Director and CEO Shinzo Nakanishi for three years in September 2010.
Shares of the company were trading at Rs 1,394.80 apiece, down 1.81 per cent from their previous close on the BSE at 1220 hrs.