Maruti Suzuki India total sales fall 1% in January
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
The country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) today reported 1.06 per cent decline in its total sales at 1,14,205 units in January 2013.
The company had sold 1,15,433 units in the corresponding month last year, MSI said in a statement.
In January last year, MSI had recorded domestic sales of 1,03,026 units compared to 1,01,047 units in the year-ago period, registering a rise of 1.96 per cent, it added.
MSI's exports, however, went down by 22.29 per cent to 11,179 units last month from 14,386 units in the year-ago period, the company said.
Total passenger car sales in the domestic market grew marginally to 88,557 units from 88,377 units in the same month of 2012.
Sales of the company's mini-segment cars, including M800, A-Star, Alto and WagonR, fell by 10.68 per cent to 46,479 units during the month from 52,036 units in January last year.
In the compact segment (comprising Estilo, Swift and Ritz models), MSI witnessed a dip of 6.79 per cent in sales to 24,006 units from 25,756 units in the same month a year ago, MSI said.
Sales of MSI's DZiRE model increased by 97.52 per cent to 17,060 units in January from 8,637 units in the same month last year, it added.
MSI's mid-sized sedan SX4 sales, however, went down by 47.81 per cent to 1,012 units last month from 1,939 units in January 2012, the statement said.
Luxury sedan Kizashi witnessed no buyers during the month against sale of 9 units in the year-ago period, MSI said.
MSI also sold 6,095 units of utility vehicles, comprising Gypsy, Ertiga and Grand Vitara, compared to 231 units in the year-ago period, registering a rise of over 26- fold.
Sales of Omni and Eeco, however, dipped by 32.68 per cent to 8,374 units from 12,439 units in January 2012.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'