Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra & Mahindra, Hyundai sales growth on cruise control
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
The reduction in differential between diesel and petrol prices and the recent RBI's decision to cut repo rate are progressive steps and should continue, he added.
Another car maker Renault India reported over five-fold jump in sales at 4,914 units. It had sold a total of 885 vehicles during January 2012.
On the two-wheeler category, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) reported 21.63 per cent growth in its total sales for January 2013 at 2,30,304 units. Its total sales had stood at 1,89,353 units in the corresponding month of the last year.
India Yamaha Motor reported a 13.25 per cent increase in its domestic sales at 29,785 units during January 2013 compared to 26,300 units in the same month last year.
Suzuki Motorcycle India too reported 13.91 per cent rise in its sales at 39,982 units in January 2013. It had sold 35,099 units in the same month of 2012.
Stocks More on Tata Motors
Company INFO More on Maruti Suzuki