'Maruti Suzuki may commission Bechraji plant in Gujarat by mid-2015’
- My dream of winning a medal at Rio has been cruelly snatched away from me: Narsingh Yadav
- India draws clear red lines for Pakistan, 5-point agenda for talks
- Sidhu didn't put any pre-condition, he needs time to think: Arvind Kejriwal
- Getting better by the game, PV Sindhu goes for gold at Rio 2016 today
- Gopalganj hooch tragedy: 25 policemen suspended, six people arrested
Maruti Suzuki's Rs 4,000-crore plant at Bechraji in Mehsana district of north Gujarat is likely to be commissioned by mid-2015, company's Chief Operating Officer S Y Siddiqui said Thursday.
Siddiqui was here for the FGI EXPO 2013 Agro & Auto Summit. "The Bechraji unit will manufacture 2.5 lakh cars per annum, while two other plants of the company located at Gurgaon and Manesar in Haryana have been manufacturing 17.5 lakh car per annum," he said.
"With Becharaji unit, total production of cars of the company will go up to 20 lakh per year," Siddiqui added.
- Instead of waiting for talent to appear, we must create a national sports culture
- We need to think creatively about the proposed defence university
- Baloch nationalists have always wished to be treated as an entity separate from Pakistan
- Balochistan and Kashmir have become key strategic points in Sino-Pak ties
- Playing the Baloch card: We have acknowledged that India, Pakistan are deeply hyphenated
- Sharmila is the doer who breaks a grand vow to protect the greater common good