'Maruti Suzuki may commission Bechraji plant in Gujarat by mid-2015’
- Committed to peace, but will react to unprovoked firing: Foreign secy
- US: 5 dead, including gunman, in Tennessee military facilities shootings
- Net Neutrality report by DoT: The key recommendations that need to be noted
- Efforts on to secure release of Indian held in China: officials
- 'Not at fault', replies UP cop Amitabh Thakur to chargesheet
Maruti Suzuki's Rs 4,000-crore plant at Bechraji in Mehsana district of north Gujarat is likely to be commissioned by mid-2015, company's Chief Operating Officer S Y Siddiqui said Thursday.
Siddiqui was here for the FGI EXPO 2013 Agro & Auto Summit. "The Bechraji unit will manufacture 2.5 lakh cars per annum, while two other plants of the company located at Gurgaon and Manesar in Haryana have been manufacturing 17.5 lakh car per annum," he said.
"With Becharaji unit, total production of cars of the company will go up to 20 lakh per year," Siddiqui added.
The demand for diesel cars has gone up due to high cost of petrol and because of which there is waiting list for diesel cars, he said, adding that some kind of balance in prices of petrol and diesel is needed.