'Maruti Suzuki may commission Bechraji plant in Gujarat by mid-2015’
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
Maruti Suzuki's Rs 4,000-crore plant at Bechraji in Mehsana district of north Gujarat is likely to be commissioned by mid-2015, company's Chief Operating Officer S Y Siddiqui said Thursday.
Siddiqui was here for the FGI EXPO 2013 Agro & Auto Summit. "The Bechraji unit will manufacture 2.5 lakh cars per annum, while two other plants of the company located at Gurgaon and Manesar in Haryana have been manufacturing 17.5 lakh car per annum," he said.
"With Becharaji unit, total production of cars of the company will go up to 20 lakh per year," Siddiqui added.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say