'Maruti Suzuki may commission Bechraji plant in Gujarat by mid-2015’
- Dawood Ibrahim will be nabbed soon: Rajnath Singh
- NEET ordinance gets President Pranab's assent ahead of China visit
- Assam swearing-in today: AGP, BPF may get two berths each in cabinet
- Uttarakhand sting CD case: CM Harish Rawat appears at CBI headquarters
- Amid big red flags, small green shoots point to uptick in economic growth
Maruti Suzuki's Rs 4,000-crore plant at Bechraji in Mehsana district of north Gujarat is likely to be commissioned by mid-2015, company's Chief Operating Officer S Y Siddiqui said Thursday.
Siddiqui was here for the FGI EXPO 2013 Agro & Auto Summit. "The Bechraji unit will manufacture 2.5 lakh cars per annum, while two other plants of the company located at Gurgaon and Manesar in Haryana have been manufacturing 17.5 lakh car per annum," he said.
"With Becharaji unit, total production of cars of the company will go up to 20 lakh per year," Siddiqui added.
- Increasing attacks on freedoms in between polls must worry us all
- Latest round of assembly polls did not see a BJP wave or a decimation of Congress
- India’s economic growth has been associated with premature industrial suburbanisation
- SC judgment on criminal defamation gives rise to a few obvious free speech concerns
- Supreme Court has rightly upheld criminal defamation law
- India’s democratic success is due to the EC, and the triumph of trust over cynicism