Maruti Suzuki sales up 10% in Sept
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
The country's largest car-maker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) today reported 9.84 per cent increase in total sales at 93,988 units for September.
The company had sold 85,565 units in the same month last year.
In September, Maruti Suzuki recorded a domestic sales of 88,801 units compared to 78,816 units in the year-ago period, registering a rise of 12.67 per cent, the company said in a statement.
However, Maruti Suzuki's exports went down 23.14 per cent to 5,187 units last month from 6,749 units in the year-ago period, it said.
Total passenger car sales in the domestic market rose by 3.43 per cent to 68,957 units from 66,667 units in the same month of 2011, it added.
Sales of the company's mini-segment cars, including M800, A-Star, Alto and WagonR, increased by 4.89 per cent to 39,150 units during the month from 37,324 units in September last year.
However, in the compact segment (comprising the Estilo, Swift and Ritz models), MSI witnessed a 9.68 per cent fall in sales to 17,813 units from 19,722 units in the same month a year ago.
Sales of MSI's DZiRE model increased by 24.26 per cent to 11,694 units in September from 9,411 units in the same month last year.
MSI's mid-sized sedan SX4 sales were up 46.94 per cent to 288 units last month from 196 units in September 2011.
Luxury sedan Kizashi witnessed 14.29 per cent fall in sales at 12 units as against 14 units in the year-ago month.