Mary Kom happy about Priyanka Chopra playing her role in biopic
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Olympic bronze medallist Mary Kom is happy that Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra is going to essay her life and times in a biopic.
"Any actress is good enough to play my role. They are all talented. I am happy that Priyanka is doing my role," Mary said at an event.
Asked if she would make her silver screen debut with the movie, directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, she said, "It is hard for me. I am not good at acting. I get nervous while facing the camera."
The petite boxer added that she would love to show the film's cast and crew on how they lead their lives in Manipur.
Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom, the ace boxer who is lauded as a national hero after winning the London Olympic bronze, has become a source of inspiration for Bhansali to make a movie based on her.
Belonging to Kom tribal community of north eastern state Manipur, Mary initially tried to hide her interest in boxing from her family, since it was not considered a suitable sport for a woman.
After her victory in the Manipur state women's boxing championship in 2000, her career became public and she started competing at international level at the age of 18.
The 29-year-old is the only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one of the six world championships.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer