Maserati recalls 692 Quattroporte and Granturismo cars in China
- BJP unhappy over Gadkari-Raj meeting, says it's a closed chapter
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
Maserati, which is part of Italian car maker Fiat, will recall 692 cars in China due to a defect that could increase the risk of a crash, the Chinese quality watchdog said today. The recall applies to the Quattroporte and Maserati Granturismo models manufactured between July 31, 2003 and September 25, 2008, said the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection, and Quarantine (AQSIQ).
The vehicles had "substandard" rear tyre-rods, which "could result in loss of control" depending on road conditions, the AQSIQ said in a statement.
Maserati's sales and services arm in China will contact affected customers and replace the defective parts for free, the statement said.