Maserati recalls 692 Quattroporte and Granturismo cars in China
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Maserati, which is part of Italian car maker Fiat, will recall 692 cars in China due to a defect that could increase the risk of a crash, the Chinese quality watchdog said today. The recall applies to the Quattroporte and Maserati Granturismo models manufactured between July 31, 2003 and September 25, 2008, said the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection, and Quarantine (AQSIQ).
The vehicles had "substandard" rear tyre-rods, which "could result in loss of control" depending on road conditions, the AQSIQ said in a statement.
Maserati's sales and services arm in China will contact affected customers and replace the defective parts for free, the statement said.