Mass bunk by junior doctors leaves NRS Hospital in disarray
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Kolkata:Patient services were affected at NRS Medical College and Hospital on Sunday after 120 junior doctors went on a leave without taking permission from the hospital authorities. They reportedly left for Tajpur in East Mindapore. The hospital authorities could not admit fresh patients. Even there were no doctors to look after the critical patients. Saswati Ghoshal, medical superintendent of the hospital, said: "We are unaware that 120 junior doctors left the hospital in a day without informing us. We will definitely take action against them."
Partha snub to Saugata, says land not a problem
Kolkata:Industry minister Partha Chatterjee on Sunday termed Trinamool MP Saugata Roy's statement on paucity of land as a personal opinion and said it was not a problem for setting up industries in the state. Roy had yesterday said the state needs to focus on medium and small scale industries industries due to paucity of land for heavy industries. "This is his (Roy's) personal opinion. Land is not an issue in setting up of industry in our state," he said.