Mass molestation of naked tribal girl in WB
- Paris climate talks: Nearly 200 nations ink deal to slow global warming
- EYE SPECIAL | Who wants to fight this girl?
- Kerala CM Oommen Chandy told to stay away from event to be attended by PM Modi
- N-deal to bullet train to defence: Pacts fast-track India-Japan ties
- No link between GST, National Herald issues: Rahul Gandhi
The police today arrested five persons in Birbhum district for allegedly circulating a video that featured a village tribal girl when she was being paraded naked.
The police said the 17-year-old girl was paraded naked at a village of the district last April for allegedly having an affair with a boy of a different community.
The girl was made to run/walk for miles across villages while men molested her throughout and other unspeakable violence was meted out to her by bystanders.
However, neither the girl nor her family lodged any police complaint against the persons involved in the incident which was captured by a camera by some persons who later circulated it through MMS, the police said.
The police on its own has started an investigation which culminated in today's arrest of five persons following a raid was conducted at some villages in the Rampurhat sub-division.
- India, Pak inherited a clutch of problems as the inevitable result of Partition
- Sonia Gandhi chose to make a political drama out of a legal matter
- All that makes and breaks the country — faith to family, politics to media
- Urban governments in India are abject failures
- Inside Track: RGF next target?
- Apex court’s decision on Haryana panchayat poll qualifications is disappointing