Mass molestation of naked tribal girl in WB
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
The police today arrested five persons in Birbhum district for allegedly circulating a video that featured a village tribal girl when she was being paraded naked.
The police said the 17-year-old girl was paraded naked at a village of the district last April for allegedly having an affair with a boy of a different community.
The girl was made to run/walk for miles across villages while men molested her throughout and other unspeakable violence was meted out to her by bystanders.
However, neither the girl nor her family lodged any police complaint against the persons involved in the incident which was captured by a camera by some persons who later circulated it through MMS, the police said.
The police on its own has started an investigation which culminated in today's arrest of five persons following a raid was conducted at some villages in the Rampurhat sub-division.
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- Telescope: From Fawad Khan to Kalki Koechlin, journeys to keep an eye on
- Shouldn’t weekly off day be a matter of choice, instead of being dictated by law?
- India’s search for alternatives to regional forum must quicken
- Struggle against caste system & capitalism are inextricably linked
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP