Massive rally held at PAU over pay arrears
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
A massive protest rally was organised by the PAU Employees Union (recognised) against the 'dilly-dallying attitude of the Punjab government and PAU authorities' regarding the release of 70 per cent arrears of revised pay scales, which has been pending for the past two years.
A large of employees and retired pensioners participated in the rally and raised slogans against the government and PAU authorities. Sukhdev Singh, president and Sat Pal Gupta, general secretary of the PAU Pensioners Welfare Association also participated in the rally along with their retired colleagues.
The employees questioned the promises made by Punjab Finance Minister Parminder Singh Dhindsa on December 3, when he had promised that '40 per cent of the arrears would be released by December end'.
The employees alleged that while the state government had disbursed arrears to its employees and to GADVASU employees, PAU workers have not been given their arrears. They accused the government of step-motherly treatment.
Kisan Club meeting held
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed