Massive rally held at PAU over pay arrears
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
A massive protest rally was organised by the PAU Employees Union (recognised) against the 'dilly-dallying attitude of the Punjab government and PAU authorities' regarding the release of 70 per cent arrears of revised pay scales, which has been pending for the past two years.
A large of employees and retired pensioners participated in the rally and raised slogans against the government and PAU authorities. Sukhdev Singh, president and Sat Pal Gupta, general secretary of the PAU Pensioners Welfare Association also participated in the rally along with their retired colleagues.
The employees questioned the promises made by Punjab Finance Minister Parminder Singh Dhindsa on December 3, when he had promised that '40 per cent of the arrears would be released by December end'.
The employees alleged that while the state government had disbursed arrears to its employees and to GADVASU employees, PAU workers have not been given their arrears. They accused the government of step-motherly treatment.
Kisan Club meeting held
The monthly meet of the Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) Kisan Club was held on Thursday. Farm experts informed club members about the care and management of honey bee colonies, pig and goat farming, role of farmers' organizations in agricultural development, and management of dairy animals during the winter season.