Master plan for Mohali notified
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Finally, Mohali has been put on the road to planned development, with the Punjab government formally notifying its master plan.
The much-awaited final vision document of Mohali Local Planning Area has envisioned Mohali as a 'Premier Township' in the Greater Mohali Area.
With development planned for the next 25 years, the master plan expects Mohali to set the benchmark for other towns in the country.
According to the plan (Newsline has a copy), Mohali will provide an ideal environment to live, work, play, learn and do business.
The 33-page document, which has to be implemented with immediate effect, has been divided into five areas — Regional Framework, Existing Conditions, Planning Analysis, Development Framework and Planning Proposals.
With this, the unplanned and haphazard growth in Mohali will come to an end, and it will develop in accordance with the planning and development proposals specified in the master plan, a senior government official said.
The town planners have proposed to develop Mohali as the Central Business District (CBD) and financial and administrative centre of the Greater Mohali Area. It would be developed as the preferred destination for business and civic and cultural activities.
Mohali's planning and development will be integrated with Chandigarh to provide a variety of houses for professionals and residents.
The master plan envisions world class infrastructure and utilities, including a comprehensive transportation system to satisfy local and foreign investors.
To ensure a quality life with emphasis on social facilities and mandatory open space, only non-polluting and eco-friendly industries have been planned. A range of open spaces like golf courses, country clubs, sports complexes and parks find space in the master plan. Besides, leisure activities will be started along river banks and water bodies.
To optimise the use of land around the upcoming international airport, sufficient land around airport will be safeguarded for developing an aviation hub. Also, an efficient road network has been planned for good accessibility to the airport, railway station and adjoining areas. Premium land along the major highways and high visibility locations will be safeguarded and enhanced. And modern retail, hotel and commercial facilities such as malls and shopping complexes will be developed.
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt
- Chidambaram counters Kejriwal over khap panchayat issue, says such bodies not part of IndianÂ culture