Mathrubhumi launches TV news channel
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
Mathrubhumi, one of country's leading media houses, today launched its 24X7 television news channel in Malayalam.
Offering the viewers a "different visual culture" without compromising on basic values, Mathrubhumi News started its telecast today.
On the occasion were present Mathrubhumi Managing Director M P Veerendrakumar, Managing Editor P V Chandran, besides M V Shreyams Kumar, MLA and director (Marketing and Electronic), P V Nidheesh and other directors of the company.
"We are glad to dedicate the channel to the enlightened Kerala society. While Mathrubhumi has always brought in the latest technology and diversified into new areas like FM radio and online, it has also taken utmost care and commitment to uphold its basic values of truth, freedom and equality," Veerendrakumar said.
"Visual medium has become an inevitable part of the life of people. Mathrubhumi's aim is to utilise the potential of the medium in a constructive manner," Mathrubhumi daily, the flagship of the media house, said in its front-page editorial.
Apart from hourly bulletins covering international, national and state level developments, the channel would beam a variety of current affairs programmes including those focusing on business and sports.
The channel would also provide special features for women, children and youth.