Mathrubhumi launches TV news channel
- Lalit Modi to P Chidambaram: My passport was cancelled illegally by you
- Delhi Police to file chargesheet against Arvind Kejriwal, 20 AAP MLAs
- IIT JEE (Advanced) 2015 results out, MP girl Satvat Jagwani tops exam
- CBI registers case against Shankersinh Vaghela in land scam case
- Congress guns for resignations of Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
Mathrubhumi, one of country's leading media houses, today launched its 24X7 television news channel in Malayalam.
Offering the viewers a "different visual culture" without compromising on basic values, Mathrubhumi News started its telecast today.
On the occasion were present Mathrubhumi Managing Director M P Veerendrakumar, Managing Editor P V Chandran, besides M V Shreyams Kumar, MLA and director (Marketing and Electronic), P V Nidheesh and other directors of the company.
"We are glad to dedicate the channel to the enlightened Kerala society. While Mathrubhumi has always brought in the latest technology and diversified into new areas like FM radio and online, it has also taken utmost care and commitment to uphold its basic values of truth, freedom and equality," Veerendrakumar said.
"Visual medium has become an inevitable part of the life of people. Mathrubhumi's aim is to utilise the potential of the medium in a constructive manner," Mathrubhumi daily, the flagship of the media house, said in its front-page editorial.
Apart from hourly bulletins covering international, national and state level developments, the channel would beam a variety of current affairs programmes including those focusing on business and sports.
The channel would also provide special features for women, children and youth.