Maulana Umarji dies
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Yuvraj, Kohli power RCB to thumping win
Maulana Umarji, who was named the "mastermind" of the 2002 Godhra train burning incident and later acquitted, died at his house in Godhra Sunday night. Maqsud Hathila, a family friend, said Umarji (73) was "not keeping well for last many months". Sources said Umarji was a diabetic and had also been affected by paralysis. "He also had problems with his knees," Hathila said. The maulana was accused to be the main conspirator of the burning of the S6 coach of Sabarmati Express at Godhra station on February 27, 2002, in which 59 people were killed.