Maulana Umarji dies
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Maulana Umarji, who was named the "mastermind" of the 2002 Godhra train burning incident and later acquitted, died at his house in Godhra Sunday night. Maqsud Hathila, a family friend, said Umarji (73) was "not keeping well for last many months". Sources said Umarji was a diabetic and had also been affected by paralysis. "He also had problems with his knees," Hathila said. The maulana was accused to be the main conspirator of the burning of the S6 coach of Sabarmati Express at Godhra station on February 27, 2002, in which 59 people were killed.